Monday, April 28, 2008

Real Men Wear Pink (and other happenings)

Yes this is the Rettster in all his pink princess glory, hey thats what happens when you have three older sisters and a cheap mom who won't buy new bibs.
Ava had her sixth birthday last week and I let her have a "friend" party (you know instead of a much easier "family party") when all the kids started showing up I had a moment of panic thinking, I'm supposed to entertain all these kids?! for how long?! But you know how kids are, throw in a million balloons and a Sponge Bob pinata and instant party, Ava even said "This was the best party I've been to, I'm glad it was my own." I think getting all the presents yourself really boosts the fun factor.


Here is Savannah (in my mom's coat) helping Sean clean out the basement of rocks, wood and such. I thought I better document them actually working, seeing as how it doesn't happen to often.

We did tell them if they helped we'd get them a treat, so I gave them each one cookie, In which Savannah responded "all that work for one lousy cookie!"



7 comments:

Trenton & Maren said...

Hi Amber, We found your blog from Tony & Allison's. Hope you don't mind that I snooped on you. You have adorable kids. We have never met Everett yet. We will be up to Washington for Memorial Day and the 4th of July. Hopefully you'll be around. Our blog is tmjenks.blogspot.com, but it is private, so if you email us we'll add you to our viewer. mkjenks@juno.com
Maren & Trenton Jenks

ckweller said...

I am planning on coming to Moses Lake in June sometime. I was hoping you guys would have a pool by then that I could lounge around, so tell your builders to get a move on it.

tiff said...

Savannah and cooper are two peas in a pod. Cooper would have said the exact same thing-maybe even cried a little-or alot!

KAMBRIA and MATT said...

So cute. Doing friend parties is a lot of work. I applaud you. Also your little boy is so cute even if he has a girl bib. My friend called me the other day to see if we left a pink sippy cup at their house. They figured it was us because we have the only girl. Poor Parker he gets pink and purple sippy cups.

jenicaheslop said...

poor evrett! i'll dig a few boy bibs out and get them right over. so cute though, really he can hold his own, even if he's in a pink bib!

ashleyboice said...

yeah...I thought there was a chance you might never blog again. (i got an email from laura S. college roomate...yesterday...random huh?)

Shaila Lou said...

Everett is so adorable!!