Friday, October 3, 2008

birthday woes


I love to go to parties, I HATE THROWING THEM!!!! So tomorrow is Savannah's b-day but I thought it would be easier just to have one after school, kids could ride the bus home, yada yada yada, anyways after 4 different walmart/ target trips I finally thought I was ready to throw this party. wrong. After much positive feedback from Vivi's cake I somehow got it in my head I could totally decorate cakes. so so wrong. one of the major regrets I have of today is i didn't have a picture of the totally horrible cake i made and threw into the garbage. (which took me HOURS by the way). So this is how my day went:


spent three hours on cake, threw in garbage

cleaned kitchen

made new cake

cleaned kitchen

made cupcakes for class

cleaned kitchen

prepared games for party (included food)

cleaned kitchen

feed two whiny children marshmallows, cake

started party

was through with all my games 15 minutes later!!!!!

had six bored seven year olds to entertain for two more hours!!!!!!!

next year- BOWLING ALLEY






6 comments:

tiff said...

trust me, it's much easier to just forget about their birthdays.I guess I wont be getting that fondunt recipe huh

tiff said...

trust me, it's much easier to just forget about their birthdays.I guess I wont be getting that fondunt recipe huh

tiff said...

I have know idea why that posted twice. blogger must think it was an exceptional comment

Heather said...

You make me laugh tiff.. Amber.. this cake is great! hopefully you're asleep by now after the long headache-esque day! Holy crap I'd be in such a bad mood after the day you just described. Spending 3 hrs on a cake and throwing it away is totally something I would do.

But I love that cake, it's so cute! Your daughter is beautiful.

Korbi said...

hahahahahah! Too funny!

Portia, Jake, Conner, & Jaden said...

lol been there done that......this was all to realatiable lol